Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Today I decided to join the world of blogging if for no other reason than to prove that I could navigate the inner workings of the internet! I love to travel all over the world and have been lucky enough to have visited many foreign lands. Right now my husband and I are planning a 19 day trip to Rome, Turkey, Greece, and points unknown. We will be leaving in the fall with two of our best friends and needless to say, we are very excited. However, now that the airlines are charging $50.00 for a second bag, I am at a loss. We will be in Rome for a week and then we are joining a cruise. As you all know, on cruises you have to dress up to eat in the main dining room. I don't have a clue as to how I'm going to pack enough in one suitcase for daytripping and dining. I'm a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl. My husband absolutely does not want to spend the additional 50 bucks and I don't either. I told him that I would reach out to the internet for ideas on how to travel light and this is where you come in. Any suggestions? I have also heard that in Rome you have to wear closed toed shoes, no shorts, and no sleeveless tops or you can't get into the churches or magnificent cathedrals. Does anyone have first hand knowledge if this is true. So for all you world travelers. HELP!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Mom...Great blog!!! Who ever reads this make sure to check out my Mom's Etsy shop. She is a brilliant craftsmen...her jewelry offerings are exquisite and must pass her final approval (that of a perfection)! She is at www.FallingLeafDesigns.Etsy.com. If you have a special occasion to attend or want to shine at any function you will fall in love with her jewelry. And in my opinion for the time consuming hours it takes to create on piece and the high quality of materials used...the prices are a bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true about the no-bared-shoulders and no shorts rule. When I went to Europe I took culottes and T-tanks with a ruffle at the shoulder. Cool to wear but enough cover to get me in places. The culottes look enough like a skirt but are still comfortable for walking all day.

    Trust me, take walking shoes, not sandals. Everything worth seeing in Europe is at the top of 12 flights of stairs. You will walk and walk and WALK off all that pasta!

    Eat a pastry everywhere you go, they are so delicious. And buy fresh flowers at the street markets. Pretty and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just sounds so lovely. I can't make this trip myself so I guess I will live vicariously through your blog. Please feature lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete